FCS also offers diagnostic practicum placements for doctoral students. As a member of ACEPT, FCS abides by ACEPT guidelines and encourages prospective students to apply according to ACEPT protocol. Application materials should be sent to the attention of Natalie Pamphile, Psy.D.
Doctoral Diagnostic Practicum Students will be trained using a comprehensive training curriculum that includes:
- Observation of in-depth clinical interviews and test administration
- Development of skills in the domains of case conceptualization, differential diagnosis, diversity issues in assessment, professional report-writing and providing individualized, best practice treatment recommendations
- Administration of full psychological test batteries to children, adolescents and adults
- Weekly individual supervision
- Individual “smart” goals for working on identified areas of growth and professional development
- Weekly group supervision that includes case consultation as well as a didactic component