— Join Our Team —
Internships at FCS
Family Counseling Service offers internship placement opportunities for counseling, psychology, marriage & family therapy, and social work students.
Training behavioral healthcare clinicians since 1984, our internship program accepts a limited number of students each year from a variety of schools.
An emphasis is placed on experiential learning through clinical contact with a wide variety of client types, utilizing multiple theoretical constructs and techniques.
- Provide direct client service to children, adolescents, adults, couples, families, etc. with an average of 15 direct hours/week
- Co-facilitate at least one group
- Participate in agency fundraising activities
- Interact with and learn from other students from various perspectives
- Participate in weekly individual supervision
- Attend group supervision every Friday from 9am-11am
- Be available to see clients evenings and/or Saturdays
- Provide direct client service to children and adolescents in the 1-2-1 Mentoring Program
- Provide transportation for clients during service provision
- Participate in both individual and group supervision
If you are interested in Interning with us, please fill out the form below.
To get more information about interning, call us at (630) 844-8205