We launched our First Responder Behavioral Health Program in July 2021 and are celebrating the phenomenal work that our very own Cristie Fry, MSW, LCSW, CADC and Jason Andrade, MS, LCPC have done in getting this program up and running.
The First Responder Behavioral Health Program actively considers the specialized needs, preferences, and concerns that first responders may have in seeking behavioral health treatment. The goal is to reduce stigma and barriers that could inhibit first responders and veterans from seeking treatment.
Benefits of Our First Responder Behavioral Health Program include:
- It’s a unique opportunity to work directly with a Behavioral Health and Substance Abuse Therapist who is also a former police officer of 10 years.
- It’s the only program in our area that offers this type of service that caters to the specific mental health needs of first responders and veterans.
- Increased resilience and improved mental and physical health for first responders and veterans by processing traumas in a safe and confidential space.
Family Counseling Service is very proud to be able to offer these services that cater to the specific and unique needs of first responders and veterans.
Over the first 6 months of this program, Cristie single-handedly provided over 120 hours of service to first responders and veterans. These services included:
- Marriage/Divorce/Relationship Issues
- Parenting Issues
- Work/Admin Conflict/Burnout/Shortage Issues
- Repetitive Exposure to Trauma
- Veteran’s Assistance/Connecting to VA
- Struggles in Police Culture
- Stress after on duty assault/injury
- OIS x 2
Current clients have recently shared their success in the program:
The First Responder Behavioral Health Program is currently accepting new clients. Please call us at (630) 844-2662 ext. 375 or email FCSIntake@aurorafcs.org to register. For more information on The First Responder Behavioral Health Program, visit aurorafcs.org/firstresponder.
Huge congrats to Cristie Fry, Jason Andrade, and the rest of our team working behind the scenes to make this program a success to help those that serve our community!